Special announcements from your leadership
Greetings, YMCA friends,
With the growing concern around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to let you know what steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our members. As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time and recommendations are changing rapidly. We are closely monitoring information from the Indiana State Department of Health and will continue to follow the guidance and recommendations of our local, state, and national authorities and will remain flexible to take action as necessary.
While we always practice good routine cleaning procedures, we've educated our staff and are practicing additional hygiene and cleaning practices to ensure that our facility remains safe during this exceptional cold and flu season. We have increased our attention to ensure consistent disinfection for all common areas including:
- Countertops, drinking fountains, sinks, faucets, stall handles and flushing devices
- Lobby area, tables and desktops
- Door handles throughout the building
- Fitness equipment
We encourage all members and staff to follow these best practices to help keep yourself and others healthy:
- Utilize the disinfectant spray and orange towels available on the fitness floor to wipe down equipment before and after each use. Following usage of the towel, place it in the receptacle for cleaning. We wash and rinse towels daily in a commercial washing machine with hot water and commercial detergent.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Hand sanitation dispensers are available throughout the facility for members
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick (and remain home for 24 hours after symptoms have disappeared if the illness is flu-like or gastrointestinal).
- Cover your cough, or sneeze into a tissue; then throw the tissue in the trash.
Government agencies advise that “for the majority of people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html), so at this time our facility will be open as scheduled. We will continue to follow the guidance and recommendations of our local, state, and national authorities and will remain flexible to take action as necessary.
Should any additional action be needed, we will alert you through our typical communication touchpoints: email, website, and social media.
Thank you for working with us to ensure our YMCA community is safe and welcoming.
KIM LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT as of March 13 8:00am
Saturdays (March 14) Kim League Basketball games will be played as scheduled, with the following safety precaution:
To protect the vulnerable populations and keep our crowd attendance under 50, please keep spectators to one parent or guardian per player. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your game starting, and exit the facility immediately following your game. There is a 30-minute break between games which will keep crowding to a minimum.
REMINDERS FROM PARKVIEW HEALTH: